Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2012

Reveillon em Copacabana

We had mates over, and a babysitter. Result. Being Copa residents on our first New Year's Eve in Rio was in the bag.

Only thing was, I had absolutely no idea what 2 million pissed people in the rain looked like. I do now, and at times the crush was slightly worrying.

Over all though, a great time was had and as the fireworks began I have to say that it was pretty moving to be part of the gargantuan hedonistic knees up. - As we kissed and hugged each other (just because we'd managed to walk down to the beach without losing each other, I almost forgave the bloke that held my arm aloft in the crowd and rifled my pockets. Nice guy.

Anyhow - happy new year to everyone - may it bring you every happiness.

Next year I'm doing something much much more chilled out.

If you look closely, you can pick us out...

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing like NYE on Copacabana Beach! But for me - just once every 8 years or so... I may be getting too old.

    We were there for the 2000 millenium celebration. WOW! And we were very lucky to get a van back to Niterói straight away. In those days there were no chemical toilets. The beach was a "waist" land URGH!

    Things have improved. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete

Try one of these....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Ese