Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 May 2011

It´s All In The Past

Ok, my latest dose of neat Portuguese went pretty well. I don't know if this was because I've been making more of an effort here and there to try and communicate with those kind enough to listen, but I seem to be getting around without constant communication meltdown.

 The vague feeling that every time every time I open my mouth I might as well just make the first animal noise that comes to mind seems to be subsiding.

Anyway - my lesson, and my first introduction to the past! - I can now theoretically say what I drank, or said, or ate. I can even wax lyrical about what I did or made (although that fried my head to the point of spontaneous combustion). I feel empowered and ready to venture out into my brave little new world. Bollocks to the present, the future´s in the past.

Anyhow, my new found confidence this morning offered me the courage needed to go and chat to the bus driver about my best alighting location. He screeched the whole charabang to a grinding halt, smiled, opened the doors and urged me out of the door. He waved as he sped into oblivion.

I walked the last couple of miles.

2 comments:

  1. I found her very entertaining blog, view their experiences in Brazil are very nice, what you're thinking of Brazil? Think you can live here all your life?

    Hope you like here, a big hug, and every love there is in life for you and your family. =)

    PS: usei o Google Tradutor XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it here - nearly every minute. So much to get to grips with though, there are sure to many additions to the ongoing saga. Stay tuned!

    Thanks for reading!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete

Try one of these....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Ese